This cake was actually first created by Stem & Glory founder Louise’s daughter Daisy when she was 13, and it was an instant hit.
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
½ cup + 2 tbsp dark sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 ¼ cups oat or soy milk + sometimes a little more needed
2 tsp cider vinegar
¼ cup oil – just use your favourite
2 large or 3 small apples cored, halved and sliced thinly
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix the wet in another bowl
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
- Pour the mixture into a large greased and lined baking tin.
- Add sliced apples to the top of the cake in a circular pattern, starting at the centre.
- Sprinkle with some dark brown soft sugar
- Bake 45 mins at 170C or 180C depending on oven
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Louise Palmer-Masterton is the founder of multiple award-winning restaurants Stem & Glory; hip and trendy but accessible plant-based restaurants, serving delicious gourmet vegan food from locally sourced ingredients. Stem & Glory also offers click-and-collect and local delivery in London and Cambridge. In addition, Stem & Glory offers a range of ready meals, finish at home pizzas, and recipe kits available for delivery across the UK.