The weathers a bit mixed this weekend but there are still a number of jobs to be done. It’s great to get the children involved. Here’s my top 5 tasks for this weekend:
- Give your tomatoes a good feed if they have started to set their first crop of fruit. (The yellow flowers should have dropped and small green tomatoes should start to be visible.)
- Harvest Salad leaves. Keep picking leaves and sow new seed every couple of weeks for a constant supply throughout the summer.
- If you planned early potatoes then they are usually ready to lift about 10 weeks after planting. Kid’s love seeing them come out of the ground, being washed, cooked and served.
- Tidy up foliage from bulbs. If you’ve still got leaves from your daff’s nows the time to cut them off and tidy up.
- Clip hedges: Evergreens such as box, privet and yew in active growth can be trimmed now. My kids love getting involved in the sweeping up.
Whatever you do have a lovely weekend and leave some comments below.