Each year we like to grow runner beans with the children as it’s one of those fast-growing plants that
Growing your own fruit and veg is also a great way to encourage your children to eat more fruit and veg with their meals. For example, having grown Kale this year I’m pleased to report that my children are now happy to eat it.
We’ve set-up a new 2019 Runner Bean growth page which we’ll update weekly initially and then daily through May, June and July until they get too tall for the children to measure. We’ll then record the weight of any beans we harvest and record this on the page as well.
You’ll also find links on this page to previous years.
Click here for the 2019 Runner Bean Growing Experiment.
- Week 24: June 18th & 19th: Jobs to do in the garden this weekend with the children.
- June 25th & 26th: Jobs to do in the garden this weekend with the children.
- Thompson & Morgan special offer Three bulbs pre-planted in a 12cm (5in) zinc cachepot (designs may vary).
- Ideas to Keep the children busy in the garden over half-term (June 2nd 2017)
- July 2nd 2017: A Perfect Weekend