Roast Lamb with Thyme and Spring Vegetables
If your family fancy a change this weekend, how about serving your roast with a medley of seasonal spring vegetables and a delicious white wine sauce?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: approximately 50 minutes
Ingredients to serve 4
- 500g boneless mini lamb roasting joint
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 600 g choice of green vegetables: (green beans, broad beans, peas, green mini-asparagus, broccoli, etc.), prepared and shelled if necessary
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 ml hot lamb stock
- Take the roast out of the fridge 1 hour in advance.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Sear the lamb quickly on all sides, on a high heat. Season, then place in a roasting tin and sprinkle with half the thyme. Cover with foil and cook for 40 to 50 minutes, to suit your preference.
- About 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, boil or steam the vegetables, until just cooked.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Brown the shallot and the remaining thyme on a low heat. After 5 minutes, sprinkle with the flour, stir for 1 minute, then pour in the white wine and stock, while still stirring. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- When the lamb is cooked, wrap it in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of hot water into the roasting tin, stir well with a whisk or spoon to release any meat juices and sediment and pour into the pan. containing the sauce. Remove the sprigs of thyme and leave to simmer for another 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Cut the lamb into slices and serve with the vegetables and sauce.